International tourism in the Philippines reached its all-time high in 2017 with 6.6 million foreign tourists, according to an article released by the Department of Tourism. Events such as the Association of Southeast Asian Nations Summit and Miss Universe Pageant certainly made an impact on the tourism industry last year.
The local tourism industry is also seeing a lot of action. According to a Philstar online article, 60 million Filipinos visit local tourist spots every year.
Basically, we all know that the travel, tour, and accommodation industries are doing well. But have you ever thought of how much customer persuasion can Google provide?
Travel and tour agencies made it to our list of top 8 industries that should invest in search marketing in the Philippines, especially for best beaches in the Philippines, diving, and vacations.
I mean if your site is doing well for popular tourism keywords, what would that mean for you?
Using relevant keywords, ahrefs.com shows this data below:
We see that it’s mostly the locals who are looking for travel and tour agencies online, followed by the US and Canada.
We see that many are typing in these keywords below. As of now, “travel agency in Manila” takes the crown for the most searched keyword.
If you want to know more about searches relevant to your local business, please contact us for information. We would be glad to give that information out to you for absolutely no charge.
On the other hand, here are the other terms people are searching for are:
Here’s what you need to do to get your placement in Google for keywords such as above:
- Get a website if you don’t own one yet
- Do keyword research and set-up your pages logically for each market that you work in
- Add textual content and videos that are uniquely made by you on the page
- Add correct meta data to those pages
- Apply correct schema mark up to those pages
- Apply for Google My Business (free Google service) so you can do SEO for the Maps section in Google, such as below:
- Connect your site to Google Webmaster Console
- Connect your site to Google Analytics
- Submit a sitemap to Google using Search Console
- Fetch and render your website
- Go to popular and international directories, like Yellow Pages, and list your business for local citation
- Educate your site users through blogging and article writing
- Have a Facebook page and Instagram account to showcase stunning photos
- Invite your previous clients to review you (positively)
- Always be aware of your Google competitors and look at what’s working for them and why they rank
- Keep up posting content to other websites and building backlinks to your website
- Continue writing and publishing helpful content
It seems to be a daunting task but you can educate yourself how to do the things above by looking at Google Small Business YouTube Channel.
If you want to leave it to a professional SEO Philippines company, all you have to do is get in touch with us.
But really, all you need is to be determined to provide the best service out there, reflect that on your site, and things will grow for you.